Thursday 3 February 2011

A note on portion size

It's just occurred to me that others could be reading along and could potentially be concerned at how much/little I am eating as a full time exclusive breastfeeder of baby chugger.

I want to reassure you that I don't scrimp on how much I eat. I eat large portions. Breakfast is three Weetbix and milk, often with fruit added. Today I had about a third of a normal sized tin of peaches with my cereal. Fresh Fruit - I don't have little pieces, just average sized pieces of fruit for me. When I say I have "left over fish pie" for lunch, it means a large portion (it has vegetables in it!), not just a few spoonfulls.

The aim is to eat more healthily, rather than eat less. The calorie content will naturally be lower than it was previously due to the serious amount of junk I was consuming.

Going hungry is a fatal mistake most people make when trying to loose weight.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear!!

    Going hungry is a sure fire way of not succeeding on any diet.

    We are (as you know) also cutting down portion sizes and eating healthier food. No takeaways in a month and only good quality meat when we eat it. Trying to limit the amount of crap going into our bodies.

    Keep at it!! We are both going to succeed!!

    ReplyDelete